Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas in the Park

Saturday night Melissa and I went to Christmas in the Park at Central Park here in College Station. She enjoys seeing the lights on our tree and front porch, and other Christmas lights as we drive around, so I thought it would be fun to take her somewhere with lots of lights! Our plan was to meet up with a friend and her children, but we couldn't seem to find each other. So Melissa and I strolled around and had a great time, just the two of us.

I bundled Melissa up and we just walked around, listening to the music and looking at the lights. You can tell she was dancing in this picture since she is waving her fingers around.

We took a picture with Rudolph. Please note that she is looking at his hand on her stroller.

She was not too happy with that, moving to the far end of the stroller and producing some tears pretty quickly, which prompted Rudolph to immediately remove his hand.

Back to smiling again!
My favorite part was walking over to the big tree of lights and getting her out of the stroller to walk around. I showed her how she could look up, and from then on, that is all she wanted to do, even though it would make her fall over! She would look up and say "Wow"! (or her version of it.) Even though it was cold, I'm so glad we went. Have you visited Christmas in the Park yet?

4 comments:

  1. How fun! We went last year, but James was too little to really get what was going on. Definitely plan to go again this year, now that he loves Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! LOVE her little pink jacket - so sweet :)

    We haven't made it to the park yet - here in Austin it just gets soooo crowded. We have driven around looking at Christmas lights, though, and we always have a great time with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We passed this on our way out of CS on Thanksgiving, and I wanted to stop! We haven't done anything down here yet, except to look at one neighborhood where Grant saw some lights. Moody Gardens in Galveston is supposed to be great, and I think we'll actually spend the money this year because Grant is finally old enough to enjoy it!

    By the way....I also saw your post about the Simmons family. My good friend Elizabeth was Elizabeth's roommate in college, so she told me about this. How awfully sad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails