Monday, April 29, 2013

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend full of family and fun!

Ann (Nana) came to see us Thursday night.  Mrs. Paula was closed on Friday, and she offered to watch Emily for us.  Here they all are doing a little sewing Thursday evening:
Emily and Nana had a GREAT time on Friday.  I was a little worried about tears since Emily seems to always cry for Eric, but all I heard was how wonderful she was!  After I picked up Melissa, we headed over to the park to play, then back home to wait for Eric so we could go eat dinner.

Saturday started slow, but we headed out to Jason and Mandy's place to celebrate Jason's birthday with a crawfish boil.  Melissa and Emily wore themselves out running around all over their property.  There was just so much to see!  Here is Melissa by the chicken coop:
We also took a look at the garden, watched the crawfish (before they were cooked), filled up small wheelbarrow with dirt and leaves, ate hot dogs, played with the crawfish (after they were cooked), and just ran and ran and ran.  I had barely started driving before both girls were fast asleep.

Once home, I was surprised to see our friend Gabe!  Eric, Gabe, and I chatted in the garage while the girls slept in the car, then we finally got them out since it was getting late.  (I knew better than to wake them up too soon, as that was their main nap for the day!)  Melissa perked up while showing Gabe our garden, but Emily was not thrilled at all with anyone other than Mama holding her.
Even though she was a little grumpy, I couldn't resist the photo op with her Godfather!

We ended Sunday with some fun in the sun!  The weather was warm, but not scorching, so the girls got in their swimsuits, and I positioned the sprinkler in the shade and let them have at it!  Emily wasn't too sure at first, but with some gentle coaxing from big sister, she was soon splashing around too. 


We enjoyed dinner outside while the girls finished drying off:

And what outside dinner isn't complete without popsicles!  This was Emily's first popsicle! 


Melissa enjoyed hers, and kept showing off her blue fingers and tongue.

Hope your weekend was just as fun!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome update! :) I love the girls in their sweet swim suits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails