Sunday, January 10, 2010

Growing Up

I wanted to take a quick moment to mention how fast Melissa is growing up. She is almost 18 months old and amazes us everyday by the things she does.

Melissa has started to put two words together. Last week while leaving daycare, she said "Bye Bye Gray". (Grayson is one of her playmates.) I was so excited! This weekend, while Melissa and I were sitting on the couch, she said "Up puppy". She wanted Athena to join us on the couch.

The other new thing she has started to do is walk around the house on her play cellphone and talk. She opens the phone up (it's a flip phone), says "Hi!" and then walks around saying "Hmmmm, Uh huh", and other things. She will then say "Bye" and close the phone or put the phone down.

It's amazing how much she learns from watching us!

4 comments:

  1. It really is amazing! And you'll start noticing things she says that sound EXACTLY like you or Eric. It's almost scary how perfectly they can imitate sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I remember how astonished I was the first time I heard James string two words together, and then three shortly after that. It blows my mind how much they can pick up, imitate, and understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! That's always been one of my favorite things to watch Grant do, pretending to have a conversation on the phone. They think it's so cool to sound like an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was adorable. Thank you for remembering to write it all down. I love that sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails