Wow! I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here! It seems like not much is going on, but looking back, lots of things have been happening! I need to catch up before the holidays arrive!
We started our new daycare at the beginning of October. Melissa is now at Golden Keys and we love it! She settled in nicely and is doing well. I have a feeling that Melissa is a little bossy at school sometimes. Not necessarily in a bad way, just that she knows the routines and if someone strays, she tries to get the back on track. Like when her teacher was out this past Monday and the director was filling in, she mentioned that Melissa knew the order for the day and she would make sure that Mrs. Beth followed the same routine.
We are potty training! Actually, we've been doing it for a while now and Melissa is doing very well! I have to thank both her old daycare and her new daycare for all of the work they put into it. I feel like like I'm not actually having to do that much of the training!
She is talking up a storm! Putting words together, creating 2-3 sentences. She is learning new words all the time and making us smile with how grown up she is becoming!
She doesn't like it if I try to brush or fix her hair, but she will let Ms. Crystal (her teacher at school) put up her hair in the most adorable ways!
We usually have a small struggle in the mornings to get her dressed and out the door during the week. Sometimes tears are involved. However, by the time we are at the end of the street, they are gone and we are singing along to Dora! We're going to have to keep an eye on her when she gets older. I can just see her pretending to be "sick" so that she can stay home! She's fine by the time we get to daycare, so I think she wants to stay home and play. When we tell her no, she throws a fit because it's not what she wants to do!
She loves to help me cook in the kitchen. Stirring, pouring, measuring. We were making meatballs the other day and I was having her measure and mix the ingredients that I would combine with the meat (oatmeal, ketchup, etc.). She was so excited she was screeching in between each ingredient! She couldn't contain herself!
She calls the color gray, "gravy".
She loves to run "super fast", and she loves to play with Daddy. This usually involves some sort of flying, tumbling, tickling, squishing, dog piling play. All I can hear is her giggling and alternating between "Stop it Daddy!" and "More Daddy!". It's music to my ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment