Thursday, February 25, 2010

Busy Saturday

This past Saturday the weather was decent, so we decided to spend the morning outside to take care of some yard work. I cleaned up all of the flower beds and Eric mowed the yard. Melissa loved helping me!

We took care of the back yard first and then head to the front. By this point she was good and dirty. Here she is showing me her hand, so I taught her how to wipe the dirt off on my pants.

Taking a quick water break. It's important to stay hydrated!

She had the most fun picking up handfuls of dirt from this flower bed......

and taking a short stroll.......

to dump it in this flowerbed! (Take another peek at the picture where she is drinking her water and you can see how far she had to go!)



After getting all dirty in the morning, we decided to dress a little nicer for the afternoon.

What do you do after a hard morning of working outside? Bake brownies! Melissa helped me stir the mix and water.

Oops! Decided to get a small taste!

I think she's trying to claim innocence. Who, me?

We managed to get the brownies in the oven, get ourselves cleaned up, and enjoy them. What a fun filled day!

3 comments:

  1. The baby spoon in the huge bowl of brownie mix is TOO CUTE! She is so pretty, and looks a lot like you! Seems like a happy little gal, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great Saturday...except that whole playing in the dirt thing. Not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful! Sounds like a great day to me...as long as I have gloves for my hands, I'm all for digging in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails