It started off with Eric finding my engagement ring which has been missing for over a week. He even got down on one knee to propose again when he gave it to me. How romantic! I was on cloud 9 as I dropped Melissa off at daycare and headed to work.
Work closed early due to the snow (which Eric tells me he requested as a special birthday gift for me). So I headed over to get Melissa, thinking we could have some fun in the snow. Her eye was still bothering her (it had been a bit puffy yesterday and this morning). Thinking she had pink eye, I called for a doctor appointment. So many people had canceled due to the snow, I was able to get in right away. Turns out she has an ear infection, which is causing her eye to be teary and puffy. This discovery was a good thing because 1) it's not pink eye! and 2) we caught it before it got to be really bad. Other than a low fever and being tired, she is playful and eating and drinking.
So we got her prescription and headed home. She wanted to go outside, so we bundled up and checked out the snow. Athena loved it!
Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner (yum!) and birthday cake for dessert. Eric used the candles to put 31 on the cake using roman numerals. So creative!
Melissa went right to bed after bath and watching Elmo (a special treat today) and seems to be sleeping well. I've had phone calls from family and sweet notes from friends. A truly special day!
Yea! Happy Birthday Danielle!
ReplyDeleteYayyy! Glad you had a great day! And snow to boot - Eric must be in good with the Man upstairs. I'm putting my order in now for snow on my birthday in September :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a great day! Good that you discovered the ear infection early -- they can be rough. But it's a good sign that she still feels like playing.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't get James to set a foot in that snow!
What a great b-day.....finding your ring and having snow too! What a fun day....happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to one of the sweetest, generous, thoughtful, lovliest people I have ever met. So thankful God made you and put you in my life. So glad you had a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. It's awesome that Eric re-proposed, that is TOO COOL! And the snow had to be the greatest birthday gift ever! I hope my lil sassy is feeling better, hope to have you guys for dinner soon. Love you.
ReplyDelete