Monday, August 8, 2011

The Waco Zoo

Can you believe that Eric and I have been together for over 11 years and I have never been to the Waco Zoo?  Eric took Melissa about 2 years ago, but we've never set aside the time to visit it while I've been there.  We took a day trip to visit Ann one Saturday in July and since Eric was taking care of a few task around Ann's house, us girls decided to head over to the zoo in the morning.  It was hot, and many of the animals were sleeping or barely moving because of the heat, but I actually had a great time!  It was so much more than I expected, and I can't wait to go back when it's a bit cooler to see the animals more active!


Some king of the jungle!

 Melissa LOVED the elephants and the giraffes:


Mommy and Melissa watching the giraffes:

We finally convinced Melissa to go in the aquarium area, and she had so much fun. Mommy rested in the cool air while Melissa watched for the "Nemo" and "Dory" fish.  She talked about seeing those fish for the next few days!


Taking a break behind the waterfall.

Mommy and Melissa checking out the teepee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails