Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's been going on with........ Eric!

Lots of exciting things for Eric right now!

Eric is getting ready to start his last semester of Grad school at A&M. I can't believe it's already been a year!  After struggling a little bit to get back into the swing of things last fall, he managed to pull a 4.0 in the spring and 1st summer session.  He has 9 hours left to take this fall and then he will be done!  I'm so excited!  Any ideas or tips on where to have a graduation party with out of town family would be appreciated!  (I guess we could have it at our house, but that means I'll have to clean!)

Through the "Aggie Network", he was able to snag a part time job at the A&M Vet Hospital that will potentially (and probably) be offered full time upon graduation.  He has his own office and says it's pretty quiet, which is perfect for him as it limits his distractions.  He has a weekly meeting with his boss, which is good because it makes sure Eric is on the track he needs to be, but Eric says his boss doesn't micromanage.  Just says: "Here is where we need to be, so get there!"  This is great for Eric and his outside the box thinking. 


Even better - he gets to order his Aggie Ring this Friday!  I'm so proud of him!  He should receive it in November and I (I mean we) can't wait! 

On a more somber note, his beloved car Zoomr was in a crash this past weekend and has been totaled by the insurance company.  Thankfully, Eric walked away without a scratch.  He was coming home from Dallas and hydroplaned on I35E just south of Italy.  His car spun from the inside lane of traffic to the outside lane (in front of an 18 wheeler) and smashed the rear into the concrete barrier  - perpendicular to traffic.  The shoulder was wide enough that he was not in the lane of traffic.  We are soooo thankful that he is ok and that no one else was involved.  After the tragic events that occurred here in town last week, it's another powerful reminder that things can change in the blink of an eye.

I think those are the highlights!  Next up - the girls!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear about his accident, and so thankful he's okay!! Otherwise, this is a really awesome post. You guys must be over the moon with all the possibilities! Congrats to Eric, and to you for supporting him. It's tough to have a spouse in school! Justin and I have now both been through that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails