Here are a few of our decorations. Of course we had plenty of balloons too!
Here's the birthday girl's place of honor!
Here is Melissa waiting for the guests to arrive, wearing a shirt that says "Birthday Girl". This was the best picture I could get as she did not want to put the spatula down at this particular moment.
Eric cooked fajitas on the grill while I made sure we had all the fixings ready inside. Uncle Jason and Aunt Mandy brought the spanish rice and the 7 layer dip. Aunt Mandy did such a good job on the dip - isn't it cute?
Here is Melissa playing with Great-Grandma while waiting for everything to finish cooking.

After dinner it was time for cake - Yum!
We all sang Happy Birthday, then we helped Melissa blow out the candle.
I know you've all seen the cake covered face before (if you don't remember, click here), but I figured one more couldn't hurt! (By the way, this is outfit number two.)
After cake, it was time for one more costume, I mean outfit, change. Just in time to open presents. (Thank you Andrew for taking these pictures!)




Whew! Having a birthday party is hard work. Melissa was so tired that she fell asleep in her high chair while I tried to get her to eat something for dinner. So we gave her a quick bath and put her straight to bed. She had such a fun day!

Here she is sitting in the chair that Nana gave her while helping to open her presents.
We had one more surprise outfit change at the end of the party. Uncle Jonathan, Aunt Jennifer, and Allison gave Melissa an outfit that matched the one that Allison wore to the party. It was so cute we put her in it, right then and there, and snapped a picture of the two Wivagg girl cousins dressed alike.
Whew! Having a birthday party is hard work. Melissa was so tired that she fell asleep in her high chair while I tried to get her to eat something for dinner. So we gave her a quick bath and put her straight to bed. She had such a fun day!
Thank you everyone for the wonderful, fun presents, and thank you to everyone who showed up to share in her special day.
Yay! Happy birthday, Melissa! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! I love all the outfit changes!
ReplyDelete