Along with the snow day post, I had really planned on finishing these up earlier in the week. (Hey - I took the weekend off!) However, Monday morning I hurt my back, so by the time I got home, the thought of sitting to finish a post after sitting at a desk all day was not appealing. I didn't even get my Wordless Wednesday post up!
Also, daycare called me on Monday saying that Melissa had a fever. I figured she had another ear infection, but luckily we already had an appointment scheduled as a follow up to her last ear infection. Sure enough, her other ear was now infected. We started a new round of antibiotics, but since she had a fever, daycare was out on Tuesday. Eric and I tag-teamed so that I went to work in the morning and he went in the afternoon. I then took Melissa with me to the doctor Tuesday afternoon and was told I had pulled or strained my lower lumbar muscle. I was given some stretches to do and the usual heating pad, pain meds, etc. I was glad I went, even though I was told things I already knew - the heating pad, etc. It has happened before, but never lasted this long. The stretches have been very helpful and if it happens again, I can now get started on stretching out the muscles to speed up the recovery. My back is just now starting to feel better, but I'm still not lifting Melissa.
By the way - a hurt back when it is freezing outside is not good for me. I get cold very easily, which means I shiver and my muscles tense up, which doesn't help a muscle that is already tight! Oh - and it would hurt when I would sneeze. Eric would laugh because I would say "Ow" after every sneeze. And then I would punch him for saying that. (Just kidding!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A hurt back is no fun at all....hang in there and I am happy to hear that you are on the mend.
ReplyDelete