Last week I was sick. Fever, congestion, cough, etc. And it has now turned into a mild sinus infection. So other than what was already scheduled to post, nothing new has gone up.
I realized that there are many things that just don't get done when I'm sick. No trip to the grocery store to restock food for the week. No meal planning, so dinner (and lunch) is whatever can be thrown together, or picked up by Eric. Since I didn't want to cook (or even eat for a few days), some food in the fridge went bad before we could eat it and had to be thrown out. Dishes were piled up in the sink and toys stayed out all over the floor (although we made sure there was a walkway!).
Now, lest you think Eric was slacking off, he really was a great help with Melissa - dinner, playing with her, bath time and getting ready for bed. I just didn't have the energy to do the OTHER stuff. And he was gone for three days last week, so things really piled up.
But Momma's feeling better now. The house is getting picked up and cleaned up. We are starting to get back to our routines. More playing outside instead of curled up on the bed watching a movie. I've got posts to put up - a sweet new niece, a nephew's birthday party. Life returns to normal. And it is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you are feeling better sweets. Mommy's need sick days just like everyone else!
ReplyDeleteYuck -- sorry you've been sick.
ReplyDeleteI think dishes should just pile up until the dishes fairy swoops in and takes them away.
I am happy to hear that you are on the mend!
ReplyDelete