Friday, January 28, 2011

Making Progress...

Inspired by my friend Elizabeth's post to share what she is doing to keep herself accountable, I decided to be brave and show you my progress as well.

For the past few months, I've been putting items that we no longer use in the front bedroom.  I've been pretty ruthless, so this past weekend I took the time to box them up.  Here's the stack so far:

Yikes!  That's a lot!  But it is ready to get out the door and bless someone else.  Unfortunately, I've still got this left in the room:

One corner is all baby items, so that stays put.  The rest is mainly things that Eric needs to go through.  My plan to avoid him getting overwhelmed is to address it with him one by one until everything either has a place or is being donated.  Again, I'm being ruthless here!   I firmly believe that you can never organize clutter.  All you do is rearrange it.

(By the way, this would be why we have not extended an invitation for anyone to stay the night.  I'm hoping that if the blogger girls gather in BCS again, I'll be done and can offer at least one girlfriend a place to stay!)

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I like your phrase that you can never organize clutter - very smart.

    And I think I speak for more than just me: Blogger Girls are happy to sleep on the floor if it means we get to enjoy each others' company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on showing "yours." I should do the same thing but right now, it actually all tucked away due to impending company. Yep, still needs to be gone through and cleaned up but why stress myself out the week before company decends? Hehe...I am an excellent rationalizer.

    And ditto on what Sara said!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails