Melissa and I started our girly weekend Friday afternoon. We spent most of the day Saturday at my sister's house playing with her 2 girls. Surprisingly, Melissa and Lexi played well together, considering how long we were over there. A few time we had to set the kitchen timer so that they would take turns with a particular toy, but usually they were done before the timer even went off! Church with Me-ma and Pa-pa and a trip to the store finished off our Sunday, then we spent the rest of the day waiting for Eric to come home.
Eric had a wonderful time on his trip, as usual. I haven't been the past few years, and I do miss seeing everyone and enjoying the ride. I'm not sure how much I can share here since the Tourmaster requests that we not post it on boards, etc., but from the initial email:
Here are the important numbers:
- 500 miles of the most challenging and scenic roads in the hill country
- 65 mile sunrise bonus run for those who can't get enough
- 1,287 corners, bends, and sweepers of which no two are alike
- 25 of the safest driving enthusiasts in Texas
My favorite story from the weekend was when the State Trooper pulled over a small group of them and after they had all gotten out of their cars, he states, "Boys, I drive these roads all the time and my brakes and
Poor Eric had to return to work Monday, but Melissa and I got to stay home. We picked him up for a yummy lunch
then returned home to do some shopping for dinner.
(Can you spy the baby hidden in the stroller?)
Painting a master piece with Daddy while dinner was cooking:
Then drifted off to sleep. See the baby doll? Melissa placed her on the pillow and tucked her in the blanket all by herself AFTER I had left the room. How sweet is that?
My shopping cart totally looks like that when I take the kids to the grocery.
ReplyDeleteGlad everyone had a wonderful (and safe!) weekend!
The picture of Melissa and her baby is soooo sweet!
ReplyDeleteGotta love a girls' weekend - with big and little girls! :-)