Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why Even Bother?

Have you ever had one of those days?

When you go to get your child out of bed and she has taken off her pajama pants and pull-ups

She refuses to get dressed, and so you have to put her pants on kicking and screaming

You have to put her in the car without socks or shoes on, even though the temperature outside is below 40 degrees.

So then you start getting frustrated about other things:
  - The dishes are piling up again even though you just did them last night
  - Someone left their shoes in the middle of the walkway
  - Your To-Do list that you created in an effort to get things done went unnoticed all weekend

So you stop and take a deep breath.

It was pretty funny to go get the little bug out of bed and the first thing you hear her proudly say is – I take my pants off Mama!

Her refusal to get dressed shows her growing independence.  Gosh – she is growing up fast!

I’m thankful that we have the dishes, the food for the dishes, and the ability to wash them (or that we have enough dishes that I don’t have to wash them every night!)

The shoes that were kicked off right when walking through the door were forgotten as the focus shifted onto more important things – like getting a huge hug and kiss from one special little girl!

And for the To-Do list?  Eh, it can wait until next weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Can you rub off some of that positive attitude on me? I could use, like, a gallon of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some sweet lemonade...perspective is a powerful thing and something I could use a little (okay, a lot) more of. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails