2010 has officially ended and 2011 has made it's debut. So far, it's started off better than 2010 ended (I lost one of my diamond earrings sometime on Thursday and have no idea when or where). I've set some goals for myself, which I'll be sharing.
My parents came over for a traditional New Year's lunch of ham, cabbage rolls, and black eye peas. I also threw in some homemade dinner rolls. Does anyone else eat these in hopes of bringing good luck and wealth in the New Year? What do you traditionally eat on New Years Eve/Day? (By the way - this was sooo not Eric's lunch of choice as he only ate the ham and rolls.)
It was the first time I have cooked a ham and it was so yummy with the pineapple brown sugar glaze. I found it marked down to 49 cents/lb at Albertsons and figured I had nothing to lose! Plus we had some fantastic hams over Christmas that I really wanted to give it a try.
Ok, enough about ham. How about this?
Our lovely princess who helped us celebrate the New Year!
Here's to 2011!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My mom is real big on eating black eyed peas and such, but I have never been on for that tradition. Then again, I am so not superstitious!
ReplyDeleteAs of now do not have any new year traditions, but you never know!
Like Kristin, it's always been a big deal to my mom, but not as much to me (mostly because I'm not a fan of black-eyed peas or cooked cabbage). But, I've always taken a bite to appease her and in hopes that maybe some of the superstition was true. We were traveling this year, so we didn't get any of it. I guess 2011 could be a test...haha!
ReplyDelete