Sunday, January 9, 2011

Staying Home

The cold weather has finally arrived.

We had no place to go today.  (Melissa and I went to Mass yesterday evening before it got rainy and cold.)

We all watched movies in bed, colored with markers, hid in the playhouse, and laughed about the silly things a 2 1/2 year old will say and do.

The smell of roast, carrots, and potatoes cooking in the crock-pot all day mingled with fresh bread from the oven at dinnertime.

A wonderful day that we soaked up every last bit of before we head back to the working world tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day!

    We had my niece and nephews for the day. I started a snowball fight (risky move with the 3-year old boy, but thankfully, one met with a giggle and not a cry!) which lasted until the big ones got too cold. Then we snuggled up with a movie playing and fire burning...I just wish we had your roast and homemade bread too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I love those rare Saturdays when we don't have anything to do, and we just spend the day playing at home. Yay for cold weather (every once in a while)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails