(I apologize to all fans of Shakespeare's Hamlet!)
There were two main reasons I started this blog:
1) To share with family and friends what our family is doing and how much Melissa is growing
2) To create a record of what our family does. I don't scrapbook, so this seemed like the next best thing.
I struggled, however, with what to post (is it my blog or a family blog?), with what to share (does anyone care if I share organization tips, or great deals I found), etc. I eventually resorted to basically posting all about Melissa. Which is fine, but as a dear friend recently told me - she loves seeing the pictures, but there is only so many times that she can respond "How Cute!".
I've been thinking hard about my goals for this year and one of them was that if I truly wanted this blog to be a reflection of our life, then I have to share more than just cute pictures of Melissa. What other goals do we have? How are we growing and learning from each other?
So one of my goals for 2011 is to post more often, but to share more in those posts as well. (Don't worry - there will still be plenty of Melissa posts!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love Melissa (especially seeing her every morning), but I also want to hear about YOU, and whatever it is you want to talk about! Go for it. :)
I'm with Katy and your friend too! I love, love, love blogs about the kiddos, just as I like doing them on my own little blessing, but I want to know more about you. What is going on in your world (outside of the kiddo as we know they really are our world), what are your thoughts, are you have a good day or a crappy one! Bring it on. I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteI was talking with a friend at lunch today about my blogging struggles (she's a reader I didn't know I had!) when it comes to boundaries. A lot of times I filter posts knowing that once they are out there, they are are out there. I have been very careful about the links I provide in FB, but I also realize that once I put the link there, I opened my world to whoever wanted to read it.
ReplyDeleteIn talking with her today though, it dawned on me that my blog is mine. It's for me to write about whatever is on my heart/in my head. People who care about me read it. People who don't care about me may also read it. C'est la vie.
I'm excited to your future posts - about you, your goings on and Melissa. She is seriously cute!
I have to be honest - I'm just in it for pics and stories of Melissa. If pressed, I could also do pics of Athena. =) (J/K, write whatever you want! I'll read it. Also, I just added your blog to Elizabeth's new Google Reader feed)
ReplyDeleteLove the Wordless Wednesdays!!!
I love seeing the pictures of Melissa; it's so nice to "see" her even when we don't live very close-by. BUT, I would be very sad if you kept the blog strictly to Melissa and never talked about yourself. Like Kristin said, How's your day going? Anything funny happen? What are you struggling with? It's your blog - if you're comfortable writing about those things, than bring it on - we totally want to hear it. If you want to keep it to just Melissa, then we'll be happy to see her smiling face as often as we can :)
ReplyDelete