Friday, September 30, 2011

Melissisms

Melissa has been getting out of her bed during the night and crawling in with us.  Unfortunately, this has become a nightly occurrence recently, as it is easier for me to let her in then get up and put her back in bed (usually more than once) in an effort to keep her in her room.  (Sleep is very precious right now for this Momma.)

However, Eric and I have talked about it and we both agree that she needs to be put back in her bed.  So Tuesday night, I heard her wake up and I shot out of bed to get to her room before she started walking toward our bedroom.  I was able to get her back asleep and crawled back into bed.  However, about 30 minutes later, she woke up again.  This time Eric went to tend to her.

Unfortunately, she somehow convinced him that she needed to see me, so he brought her to our bedroom.  Once in our room, it was a lost cause as there was no way she was going back to her bedroom.  So we all settled down to sleep.

The next morning, I asked Melissa why she woke up and came to Mommy and Daddy's room.  Big girls stay in their own room, etc.  Melissa looked at me and replied "But Mommy, I didn't!  Daddy brought me in the room!"


Touché little girl.

2 comments:

  1. This must be some kind of developmental phase. James has always been a great sleeper, but lately he comes in our room once or twice a night (to be fair, sometimes it's just 30 minutes before we're getting up anyway, but it feels terrible.) He will always go back to bed without any fuss. But I don't know how to get him to stay there in the first place. I think he wakes up and just assumes it might be time to get up. This is new for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why we have a baby gate on the outside of Elizabeth's room. She was getting up more than once a night and killing us...so up went the baby gate and we are all sleeping just fine. I highly recommend it. Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails