I had a post ready to go today about some changes and hardships we are having to deal with, but when I saw this picture of the fire in Bastrop, our situation pales in comparison. We had been hearing about it and watching it on the news, but this is a road that Eric and I have traveled many times. This is a view we are familiar with.
(to give credit, I believe this photo was taken by Kerri West. Here is a link to her Flickr account to view her other photos.)
Numerous fires broke out this past weekend as Tropical Storm Lee kicked up winds around the state. With conditions as dry as they are, it didn't take long for fires to start breaking out everywhere and burning out of control. We've even had a small one here in town around 2818 and Hwy 6 on Sunday.
Praying for all those affected - homeowners, family and friends, and the firefighters and volunteers who are bravely working to get them under control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment