Everyone knows the rest of the phrase. But sometimes it's still hard to make lemonade! We've had a lot of changes in our lives recently, with more still to come. Some have been expected, and others have left us not sure what to think. It's always hard when you make plans and set goals, only to have them come undone by something out of your control. But, in the spirit of making lemonade, I'm going to put a positive spin on some recent changes:
Lemons: Eric's employer has cut everyone's hours. Eric will now go from working 40 hours to only 15 which means a HUGE pay adjustment. (Like, we just got the first paycheck and it's difficult to swallow how much of an adjustment.) That also means that he will lose his group health coverage, since he is no longer working enough hours to qualify. This is a big deal since he does not qualify for an individual policy (we've tried - he's been denied.) It's very important that he not have a break in coverage.
Lemonade: First off, the decision on how much Eric should work while in grad school has been made for him! Next, since he is enrolled at A&M, he can now qualify for health coverage as a grad student. Finally, we are so thankful that he is enrolled in school and that plans were being made for beyond where he is now. It would be much harder to deal with this change if we hadn't already been looking at the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oddly enough - I can't comment when I'm signed in. Oh, how I love blogger...
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful outlook to have! I'm so glad things have worked out for you and hope it continues to do so. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday!
It would help to tell you that I'm the Anonymous one...
ReplyDeleteSummer
That is some crazy-ness. I am so so so glad it worked out, like you said, better than it could have if you hadn't been looking ahead - WOW! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteWow, those are some serious lemons. I look forward to how you continue to make lemonade out of lemons. You are one strong woman!
ReplyDelete