Melissa had her 24 month check up yesterday afternoon.
She weighed in at 23 lbs and measured 32 1/2 inches long. She is 15th percentile for both height and weight, but since she is staying on her growth curve, the doctor is not worried about her smaller size. (Not that Eric and I were worried since we think she is perfect, but it was reassuring to hear the doctor agree!)
Melissa has an ear infection in both of her ears. The doctor was surprised when I told her that Melissa was eating, playing, and sleeping fine, considering the infections. So now we've got some antibiotics, that Melissa is refusing to take. Any suggestions to help the medicine go down?
She also got one shot and is now done until around age 4. She did pretty well taking the shot, crying just a little after it was done, but calmed down and was ready to go play with the toys in the waiting room. However, for the rest of the evening and even this morning, she would look at her band aid and start to fuss. She would be playing or reading her book and catch a glimpse of the band aid and then get all fussy. She refused to sit down in the bathtub and wouldn't let me wash her leg. I was able to take a quick glance at the shot site (you would have thought I was torturing her!) and there was no bruise, redness, or knot. It's just that she is now able to remember what happened. The band aid serves as a reminder of the shot, and looking at it makes her upset.
This change in her behavior amazes me, since it makes me realize how much she is growing up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A spoonful of sugar?
ReplyDeleteCouldn't resist! I hope your little one gets better soon.
I have a suggestion! James has had one kazillion ear infections, and we have always struggled with this. UNTIL -- I gave him a sippy cup of juice to drink, and stuck the tip of the syringe in the corner of his mouth at the same time. He's drinking juice, I'm squirting the medicine in a little bit at a time, and he does not mind a bit. Give it a try! It is literally the only way we can get antibiotics in him.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggestions. Right now I've resorted to bribing her - take your medicine and you can have your donut, or cookie, or whatever. It's working so far!
ReplyDelete