Melissa surprised me during two separate conversations yesterday:
While sitting at the table before dinner, I asked her if she was a Sweetie Pie. She replied, "Uh uh. Melissa."
I had a meeting last night and had to leave around 6. It didn't last very long, and I was able to get back in time for Melissa's bath and bedtime. While rocking her and saying prayers, Melissa says, "Mommy work?" I replied that yes, Mommy did have to go to work (my meeting), but I came back. Melissa responded with "Melissa cry." When I relayed this to Eric, he confirmed that she had indeed cried and was upset when I was gone. We were both amazed at how she is growing!
One more thing that is not a conversation. Melissa has realized that she can open the refrigerator door! Yikes! She spent the afternoon going to the fridge, opening the door, eating some grapes, closing the door, and then doing it all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh wow, that is scary. At least I don't have to worry about the frige part. I have a hard time getting into it sometimes, so Elizabeth surely will. Isn't it amazing how quickly their minds are growing?
ReplyDelete