Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Drifting off to Dreamland......

Only that is NOT what happened at our house last night.  Bedtime routine was going well until we sat down to rock in our chair and say our prayers before going to bed.  Melissa is still in her crib and has one of these attached to the side.  Well, the batteries were going out (it would only play for about 30 seconds) but I figured that her seahorse would be able to fill in the gap until we got new batteries today.  Um, no.  She went to bed (and to sleep we thought), but after about 20 minutes she started crying, which is very unusual.  I went in to calm her down and rock her again. Put her in bed, but instead of going to sleep (with her seahorse playing music) she started crying.  She cried for almost the next hour.  Since she showed no signs of tuckering out, I peeped my head in her door.  I saw her standing in her crib next to the Rainforest Soother, punching the button to turn it on, sitting down once the music started, then howling and sobbing because it turned off right away since the batteries were pretty much dead.  I watched her do this twice.  Can we say D-R-A-M-A? 
Laughing, I scooped her out of bed to calm her down and went over to Eric telling him what I saw and telling him that we had to find some replacement batteries NOW!  Then began the frantic search for 4 size C batteries in our house.  We went through about 5 or 6 toys before we found enough to go in the Rainforest Soother.  Took her back to her room, rocked her for a bit to make sure she had calmed down, and put her to bed with the music playing.  That turkey went straight to sleep!  I'm buying the BIG pack of batteries today!

Has anyone else had a similar experience with a favorite toy being broken? Just wondering.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails