Monday, August 23, 2010

Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon and Broccoli

So last week, after I had created my weekly menu plan, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items.  Kroger had garlic bread marked down, so I picked up a loaf, planning on cutting it in half and putting it in the freezer for the next time I need garlic bread.

While putting away the groceries, I noticed the cream cheese that I had basically bought for free (bought 5 @ $1 each, got a $5 catalina for my next shopping trip) and some marked down pre-cooked bacon that I had picked up for $1.  With garlic bread, I had the makings for a Fettuccine Alfredo meal!

I searched over at Kraft Recipes for a alfredo sauce recipe using cream cheese and decide on this one.  Tweaked it a bit (because I like to do that!) and added some chopped bacon to the sauce after everything had been mixed together.  Served the sauce over Fettuccine and broccoli with the garlic bread.  This was fabulous!  The bacon added so much flavor to the sauce.  It was even better the next day!

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I was too busy stuffing my face both times we ate it.  (Ask Eric - he'll confirm it!)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails